Process Overview & Budget
Phase I: Discovery, Consultation & Project Management
This includes researching and reviewing details with client and its operations, as well as other relevant input. Best use and best practices, like/dislikes, needs and wants will be discussed, reviewed and outlined in an effort to establish key design and function ideas to shape the forthcoming design and development marketing components. Your dedicated project manager assists you.
Phase II: Website Design
Generally: This includes an initial design meeting to explore concepts, likes, dislikes, fonts, colors, objectives, business presentation, brand and more. Also includes brand and graphic research, web framing and workup of a professional website design concept to be reviewed, edited and approved for overall site design and construction to follow.
Key Design Ideas: New design should be fresh, committed colors, promotes identity and brand, while promoting sales and products, differentiate from competitors, ability to make adjustments and changes as needed, leverage open source flexibilities, full consideration for mobile users, and multi browser support.
Horton Group uses advanced design tools and Adobe Creative Suites products for its graphics (such as Photoshop and Illustrator).
Home page concept: This includes up to two (2) initial design concept(s) (home page and navigation) to be approved from a professional design mockup (graphic image) provided. That design will be reviewed with client and approved for overall site design and construction to follow, with up to two (2) revisions of the selected concept to establish final approval. Additional design concepts can be created and will be billed via time and materials needed.
Website Pages (sub-pages) Style Guide: The web pages style guide concept will visually demonstrates how we will apply the brand concepts from the approved home page design throughout the website pages. Specifically, this will demonstrate consistent items like the navigation and header/footer of the pages, as well as buttons, fonts, colors, and a few other things that match your approved homepage design. The page style guide represents pages on your website that are not the homepage.
Phase III: Engineering and Development
Web Space/Server and Stats: This covers the setup of web space on our private servers. This also includes the implementation all necessary software and licensing to provide appropriate site activity and functionality. Website and Domain name(s) will be installed and maintained on Horton Group dedicated servers/systems as assets of Horton Group. See Development Complete Phase – Business Class Managed Services for details.
Engineering: Site will be tested in cross-browser compatibility software to ensure proper deliver across PC/Mac platforms and multiple browsers. Older versions of browsers may not display a website correctly and effective Jan 12, 2016 Microsoft announced end of life and support of its Internet Explorer software so we cannot guarantee functionality with that browser.
Web Design construction will take into account the various screen sizes (PCs, Tablets, Smartphones) that are currently in use and should provide optimal experience for a user regardless of the device they use.
Smartphone 320px // Tablet 768px // Laptop 1024px // PC 1920px
Web Revision Definition: A revision is defined as minor changes, as solely defined by Service Provider, that would not require additional development or graphic design that changes the overall design concept. Any change request NOT considered minor will be billed at the Service Provider’s hourly rate. Additional concepts can be provided if desired but will impact budget.
Phase IV: CMS Integration, Support Setup and Training
This involves integrating system site constructed pages into an integrated Content Management System (CMS) so that client or Horton Group Managed Support can easily manage and update website pages and sections, including the ability to add new pages, change/add text, insert links, and insert images.
- Client is responsible for providing all the content for the website (text/images) and is responsible for the spelling, grammar and quality of content.
- Horton Group will place and style (per the approved child page theme) the content provided. Content will be styled into the home page and first five (5) primary pages of the navigation (page sizes within reason of up to 3 paragraphs of content & two images).
- Website will be coded so that any additional pages can easily be added. Page additions will be auto coded with the proper styling so client can easily add any additional content.
- Content provided by client before “Development Complete” will be integrated per these guidelines. However, any content received after Development is Complete can be added by the client or added by Horton Group Support at $150 per hour.
Staging review: Website will be live on a staging server and may be Development Complete for the purposes of the client to perform their user review and make content adjustments. Site will be published publicly on the Internet once client gives Horton Group approval to do so.
Hands on Tutorial: This covers a one-hour tutorial to show client how to access website and manage the website pages easily. Additional training sessions can be provided at $175 per session.
Phase V: Full Content Placement and Styling
- This phase includes the placement of all content on the necessary and defined pages, up to Ten (10) total pages of TOTAL content placement are included in this budget.
- If photo gallery integration is included in this project, Horton Group will port and integrate all photos, up to Twenty (20) photos added will be included in this content budget.
- Horton Group will help move TWENTY (20) existing blogs/news articles as part of the content scope of the project.
- Content for pages can be transported from an existing website or provided by the client per Horton Group content guidelines.
- Any additional features, functions, page photo work, blog ports, content placement, pages and page styling can be accommodated and will be billed at $150 per hour or a negotiated price.
- Any content provided after the website is Development Complete can be added and will be supported at $150 per hour.
Note – Client understands that they provide all content (text/images) and are responsible for all spelling, grammar and quality of content unless content optimized content is included in the scope. If client does not want full content placement by Horton Group then the client understand that they are responsible for adding all content into the website.
Phase VI: “Development Complete” Business Class